Customers initiating a console session to a running container by using the
eyk ps:console command may encounter issues when executing commands.
Common problems include:
- No command auto-completion when using the tab key
- Up and down arrows giving control characters rather than the command history
- Rails console behaving strangely with every line starting with special characters such as '▽^[[55;2R'
- Entering a command in the console does not yield expected results. The screen may be repainted and sometimes there are results when you hit return/enter.
eyk ps:console command is meant to initiate a console session to a running container within a pod for inspection.
Typical applicable use cases for the command include:
- inspect an asset
- inspect a file being present
- inspect the running processes
- being able to execute some basic commands on the Rails console
eyk ps:console <podname> <type> <app> <command> [options]
eyk ps:console is not meant to be a full-featured CLI console similar to what you get when using ssh or other similar tools hence the unexpected behavior.
Adding more capability to the
eyk ps:console utility is currently under consideration by the engineering team as a feature request but there is no firm release date when the requirements will be implemented.