Use this information if you want to use PHP 5.3 on Engine Yard Cloud (the default version is PHP 5.4).
Important: The first thing you need to do is verify that you require PHP 5.3. PHP 5.4 brings several performance increases and there are not many changes that break backwards compatability. To see what changes break backwards compatability in the PHP 5.4 release you can refer to this doc: http://php.net/manual/en/migration54.incompatible.php
We have put together a Chef recipe for downgrading PHP. To use the Chef recipe:
- Clone our Chef 10 recipes repo from https://github.com/engineyard/ey-cloud-recipes-chef-10.
- Uncomment the
#include_recipe "php::php53"line from
- If you don't have the Engine Yard gem, you'll need to install it. You can install it by running
gem install engineyard.
- To upload the recipes run
ey recipes upload -e ENVIRONMENT_NAME.
- To apply the recipes run
ey recipes apply -e ENVIRONMENT_NAME.
- You should now be using PHP 5.3 on your instances.
- You will need to do the above for every new PHP environment you need.
- We are working on more elegant solutions for the longer term (e.g., dashboard selectable versions of PHP).